Friday, May 9, 2008

Track day mess up




Okay so today I woke up and got all dressed just like normal and I looked in the mirror and said to myself "Self, you look pretty cute today." Then mom came upstairs and said "Thing 1 don't forget to pack your track bag!" Oh YEAAAAAAAH! So I went downstairs and I was getting all excited. I packed a box of candy, some crackers, a water bottle, a blanket, a sweatshirt, and a pair of sweat pants in this ginormous bag. Then I went and changed out of my cute outfit and put on some jeans and my track shirt (we have to wear our track shirt if we want to be able to go...it's like our ticket to leave class). With that bag my backpack and my lunch box I probably look like a bag lady with a really ugly/cheesy shirt on. Dang you track shirt! Anywho.... so I go out to the bus stop and just barely make it as the bus is pulling up. Well one of the neighbor boys was standing in front of me and he's on the track team, but he wasn't wearing his shirt so I said "Neighbor boy why aren't you wearing your track shirt, aren't you going today?" and he replied "Noooooooooo........Thing 1 track's over."

Boy oh boy did I feel like a retard right then. So here I am walking through the school halls looking like a bag lady with my cheesy shirt for NO REASON AT ALL!!!!! So then I called my mom and you'll never guess what she said to me. She didn't say anything she just LAUGHED! Thaaaaanks mom. You make me feel soooo much better. On the bright side they were selling popsicles at lunch. Yes I know. Totally random. But hey we're talking about me here. I am random.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great story! You make me laugh! You really are a good writer, very entertaining.