What are some of the divine qualities of a daughter of God? Read "The family a proclamation to the world", 2 Peter 1, Alma 7:23-24, and Doctorine and Covenants 121:45. Now I am supposed to list the divine qualities they talked about in all of that reading.
Diligence
Faith
Knowledge
Temperance
Patience
Godliness
Brotherly Kindness
Charity
The Knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ
Remembrance
Humble
Gentle
Long-Suffering
Brave
Being able to ask for whatever you stand in need of, both spiritual and temporal
Always saying Thank you for the blessings you receive
Hope
The Sacred Powers of Procreation
to be able to raise children
Compassion
nurturing
Charity
Virtue
Confidence
I think that to develop lots of these qualities one of the things I could do would be to simply finish personal progress. If you look back lots of those qualities are just lots of different ways for saying all of the categories in personal progress. Like Faith, Divine Nature, Individual worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, and Integrity. I think my first step in gaining all of my divine qualities would be to get my medallion. Okay now you guys leave a comment and I'll be set!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I think you are right. The personal progress program will most definitely help you get skillz to be a better woman.
How do you want to be remembered?
I think it would be fun to pick a couple of the qualities and see how you can use them in your life--or if you already are. You might be surprised at how many qualities you are already developing. I like your idea about the talents in the scriptures.
I think you are right! Personal Progress can do a lot to help you develop these qualities as long as you keep doing the habits it has you create!
That's what Personal Progress is all about - becoming more like God! Looking at all of those qualities that you listed from the scripture reading can seem overwhelming (at least to me). What a blessing it is to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who will help us reach our potential line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little.
Ok. I think I accidentally deleted my comment before I sent it so I am going to repeat what I said. So if you get a duplicate you will know why. Sorry. Anyway, I love this whole idea you have going! You are quite the girl...and so many of the qualities you listed I already know you have. You are completely right about the qualities you listed basically involving all of the YW Values. If you have your New Beginnings program you will find information on it that explains the YW values and how they all tie together. Get it out and read it...it will really make sense now. If you don't have the program I will email a copy of the info. O.k. see ya.
This blog is awesome! When I made this list while working on this for myself it made me realize how much potential we all have because we are daughters of our Heavenly Father. Aren't you amazing!
Post a Comment