Discover the principles of faith taught by the mothers of Helaman's stripling warriors. Read Alma56:45-48 and 57:21. Review what "The Family: A Proclamation to the world" says about a mother's role. Okay once thats done you are supposed to discuss the qualities a woman needs to teach children to have faith and to base their decisions on gospel truths. So all you women out there reading this would you mind giving me your opinions in my comment thingy? Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I would like to know what qualities you think you need to be able to teach your kids about faith? What qualities do you think you need to be a good mother??
Lets discuss.
whoops.that last comment was from me, your mother. But, I still want to know what you think...
If you think about it, Faith is an action. Therefore, I believe your children need to see you reading your scriptures, praying, bearing your testimony and most important following the spirit.
Now for the qualities to be a good mother....being a good listener, following the spirit and showing your LOVE!
Hey, you cutie. I like how your mom asks you questions instead of answering your questions. So, before I give you all of my secrets I want to know what you think too! So rude of me...
I think that mothers need to show their children through their own actions. So if you want your child to love their neighbor, mom needs to love their neighbor and not gossip. If you want to teach your children service than mom needs to perform service. If you want your children to love Heavenly Father, than mom needs to show her children that she loves, respects and show reverence for Heavenly Father. Children learn by example. Your other mother
You are exactly right! I love you, girl. I know the assignment is to list the qualities a woman needs, but I am going to tell you some ACTIONS I think a mother needs to do to help her children. First, always PRAY, PRAY, PRAY and then PRAY some more. Second, BELIEVE the Word of God is an Iron Rod and apply it. Third, always, always, always do your best to FOLLOW THE PROPHET! Finally, love your family!
I agree with what the others have said about a mother leading by example. That is key! Mother's also need to live in such away that the spirit can be with them constantly so they know what their children need. The spirit can direct them in what to say, where to be, what to help their kids do to really help them.
Post a Comment