For #5 you have to Read Luke 2:40-51 and then develop a pattern of obedience while you try really hard to do what your parents tell you to do without being told more than once. After two weeks you are supposed to record it in your journal about how being more obedient made you want to keep being obedient.
I'm almost done. I just have one more week to go! But it has been kind of nice. Other than the fact that I don't get to keep doing what I want to do when I want to and that kind of stuff but when I am obedient my parents and I fight less, and when my parents and I fight less its easier for me to not fight with my sibs. And that just makes our home a lot happier. I mean it's not like we don't still disagree because we sure as heck do....but we're just...happier. We're simply happier. And I think, that's really all there is to it. I think thats what the gospel is supposed to feel like. Right?
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yes. My dear sweet daughter. That is exactly what it is supposed to feel like. Being obedient... whether to your parents or better yet, to the Lord, brings you happiness. obedeince is the central theme of the gospel. When you do what you are told, you are happy and the Lord blesses you. Its the same at home... when you do what we ask you to do, your are blessed... do you see the pattern?!
I love you. and i am proud of how hard you are working on all of this!
Post a Comment